Bohemian Stoneworks has created a truly original line of stunning concrete surfaces in its Artisan Series.
Employing masterful technique, artistry and imagination, our artisans encapsulate natural forms within the concrete to create eye-catching patterns or unique designs. A singular piece or artful assortment can be embedded to emphasize a particular section of your surface, or natural elements can be incorporated more evenly to form an all-over pattern.
The line consists of three series:
Riverstone Series: Local river stones are collected from Austin Creek, sliced and embedded into our concrete mix, and then polished to a mirror-like finish. The geological beauty of these elements lends an exquisite, nature-inspired touch to any home or office environment.
- Riverbed- The Austin Creek riverbed, near Cazadero, CA
- Riverbed Sample- Concrete showing a rich variety of river aggregate and river stones from the Creek
- Embedded Rock Fireplace- This Healdsburg residence fireplace showcases an artistic selection of light-green Serpentine, Red Chist and Quartz selected from the Austin Creek riverbed.
- Stainless Steel with Riverstone- The beauty of this sink is drawn from nature's inspiration.
Shell Series: Our oyster shell mix contains shells harvested from local Tomales Bay, where the world's best oysters are grown for their culinary appeal. Sliced to reveal their fascinating inner geometry, these shells are combined with abalone or other shell pieces in a variety of sizes and concentrations to comprise our striking ocean shell mix. This unique, seaside-inspired blend makes a strong decorative statement.
- Turquoise Vanity with Shells- This Belvedere CA residence vanity countertop reveals white oyster and abalone decorative elements - a collaboration with designer Sharon Low
- Oyster Table-Bar tables at Rocker Oysterfella's Valley Ford Inn are enhanced with pieces of oyster shell - a collaboration with fine furniture maker Craig Collins
- Shell Tile- Sliced shells are thoughtfully placed within this field of color
Bottle Art Series: This series combines pieces of glass with interesting contours of bottles sliced through a variety of planes. Unlike typical recycled glass, which has to be melted down with chemical processing that employs precious resources, the glass we employ is hand selected for each project and remains in its original state until used. The surfaces in this series have an artful allure that lends itself beautifully to tabletops and wine bars.
- Bottlestone With Mixed Pieces- Shown in Marsh Green the profile of the bottle is represented by multiple planes
- Orange Glass- Burnt Orange was chosen for a countertop sample as a possibility in one of our customer's kitchen
- Wine Rack and Round Blue Bottle Table- View this stunning wine rack and other bottle art tabletops at West County Design, our showroom in Valley Ford
The unique expressions made possible by our Artisan Series can transform your countertop, fireplace, café table, wine bar or any other surface into a true work of art - and a truly personal statement for your home or business.
"Concrete countertops can easily incorporate the embedding of different materials, shapes or colors. This adds to the material's custom capabilities, since it allows kitchen and bath design professionals to incorporate meaningful mementos that reflect the clients' interests or passions. For example, in one design, a couple's broken wedding china was embedded in their wine bar top to personalize the space."
- From Kitchen and Bath Design News, June 2008 Design Strategies